Join in as Belsasar Lepe, SVP of Product and Solutions at Ooyala talks about his journey starting and growing his own business in a competitive environment that required them to find and utilize their biggest competitive advantage – their customers and the customers of their competitors.
- How his family history shaped his aversion to ‘serial entrepreneurship” and led other leaders to dub him one of the “hardest working people I’ve ever met”
- Why they try to learn from their competitors in the space ‘by proxy’ and how they get in front of customers who are using other platforms
- Why listening to customers who had been brutally honest in the past led to a stronger product launch
- A Mic Drop Moment that proved that sometimes it’s okay to push hard on customers
- How they ensure they’re meeting the needs of their customers through experimentation
- Why they don’t like to go more than a month without getting a product in front of their customers value getting products and updates in front of their customers early and often
- How understanding your customers competitors sets you ahead
- Using customer feedback to amplify your success
- How Agile methodologies help improve customer experience
Tips, Tools & Resources:
- Net Promoter Score: How to use it to gather customer feedback and what to do with the data collected
- Top 3 Tips: For leaders who care about customer experience
- Hiring Athletes: Why they make the best teammates in business
*If you’re curious about any of these topics send me a quick note and I’m happy to send over some additional free resources.